The Villages Daily Sun is seeking full time Web Press operators. We are a family owned company located in sunny Central Florida that publishes a daily newspaper and a variety of commercial products. Come join our professional team and produce top quality work on SNAP certified equipment. Candidates must have knowledge of 4-color web press, Goss Community/ DGM experience preferred, safety oriented, and operate in a fast pace environment. We offer cross-training and opportunities to advance within the department.
Benefits include 401k, bonuses, paid vacation, dental, and health insurance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locks printing plates on printing cylinder and threads loose end of paper supply roll (web) through blankets and around rollers to the folder.
- Inspects printed sheets visually after registration or position printing and readjusts guides and controls to rectify spacing errors.
- Adjusts feed controls to rotate cylinder into position where plate locking mechanism is accessible.
- Operates pasting device to splice end of new paper roll to depleted roll
- Inspects printed material visually during production and readjusts controls to correct irregular ink distribution, faulty cuts or folds
- Replaces cutting blades, worn or damaged ink rolls, and fills ink wells.
- Cleans, inspects, and lubricates moving parts of press
To apply for this position: