Are you looking for an exciting career in journalism? Then LNP Media Group, Inc., located in historic downtown Lancaster, is in interested in you! The LNP Media Group, Inc. family of print and digital publications, part of Steinman Communications, is the biggest and most influential provider of news in Lancaster County, with a history of 225 years of excellence.
We are currently searching for a Breaking News Reporter to join our talented team. Incumbent will serve a digital audience that values immediacy and pays for almost instant access to breaking news about Lancaster County on LancasterOnline. The Breaking News Reporter is highly mobile, versatile, always on deadline and skilled at telling stories from the field with video, photos, social media and text. The reporter understands that breaking news occurs across all newsroom topics – politics, entertainment, business, education, food, police and local government, for example.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exercise sound news judgment and fundamental tenets of journalism to report quickly on breaking news in Lancaster County and, if necessary, the surrounding region.
- Shoot video and photo of breaking news stories for use on LancasterOnline.
- Develop and report follow-up and enterprise stories based on breaking news events.
- Organize materials, determine focus and write stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Collaborate on coverage with others in the editorial department, including reporters, editors, photographers and videographers.
- Understand the LancasterOnline content-management system and its capabilities for telling stories on a digital platform.
- Work with the digital and content editors to curate and aggregate news that is reported by other media and relevant to Lancaster County on LancasterOnline.
- Monitor necessary channels – email inboxes, websites, social media, blogs and news releases – for breaking news
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in journalism.
- Knowledge of journalism principles and ethics, among them, clarity, organization, succinctness and story-telling techniques, with knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
As an employee of LNP Media Group, Inc. you'll enjoy a friendly work environment and career development opportunities along with company paid benefits, paid time off, and a company matched 401k program.