LNP Media Group, the source of daily news and information for every resident of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, is seeking freelance correspondents to report on specific school districts and local governments comprising a metropolitan area of about 550,000 residents. A correspondent is an independent contractor who attends municipal and school board meetings, most of which occur evenings, then writes concise and unbiased news briefs that meet professional journalism standards. A correspondent also requests public records and interviews news sources from a variety of perspectives. Correspondents are experts in their communities; they identify potential stories and stay in close communication with newsroom staff.
- Possess excellent writing skills, interpersonal communication skills and ability to report news fairly and accurately on deadline.
- Must have good grasp of AP style.
- Ensure that their coverage reflects the diversity of cultures in Lancaster County.
- Exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients.
- Have a bachelor’s degree and news writing experience at a daily or weekly newspaper; reporters with professional experience will receive priority, but those with strong college portfolios will be considered.
- Live within a 30-minute drive of their coverage area.
Please submit writing samples, or a link to your writing samples, with your resume.