Ready to grow your career in sales? LNP Media Group, Inc. is always on the lookout for great sales people to join our team. LNP Media Group, Inc. family of print and digital publications, part of Steinman Communications, is the biggest and most influential provider of news in Lancaster County, with a history of 225 years of excellence. Our Outside Media Sales Specialist represent LNP by selling advertising in any combination of print, digital and event products, publications or promotions.
We help local business’ grow by offering marketing strategies through our print, digital and video products. It is important for our sales specialists to understand their customers’ needs and goals and to offer creative options to fit those needs. On any given day you can find our sales specialists identifying prospects for all of the products the company offers through cold calling, prospecting, asking for referrals and looking for leads in competitive media. Our sales specialists develop work plans to exceed their monthly revenue goals and grow the advertising revenue.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to deliver advertising solutions to customers in both digital and/or print based on assigned market/product responsibility
- May require a clear understanding of internet and digital advertising opportunities
- Track record of working with daily deadlines and meeting or exceeding performance metrics
- Effective negotiation skills and proven ability to close a sale
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office as well as learn new systems quickly
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies to grow sales
- Strong prospecting skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
- Some college or an Associate’s degree or proven selling experience
- Valid driver’s license, proper automobile insurance coverage and have access to dependable transportation
Computer, basic office equipment (copier, calculator, printer, fax, copier, etc.)
Primarily a controlled office environment with co-workers in close proximity. Occasional hours outside of normal business hours depending on customer availability, workload or special departmental and/or company functions. Local travel to and from sales calls in varied weather conditions.
Reasonable accommodations for disability
Any employee, who believes that a reasonable accommodation is required for purposes of federal or state disability law is required to contact Human Resources to begin the interactive exchange process.