The LNP Media Group, Inc. family of print and digital publications, part of Steinman Communications, is the biggest and most influential provider of news in Lancaster County, with a history of 225 years of excellence. We are currently searching for a People/Social Trends Reporter to join our team. If you’re interested in covering everything from population growth and the demographic trends that shape Lancaster County to the people who live and work here, this a great opportunity for you. This experienced journalist will break down complex issues using data and demographics, combined with field reporting and storytelling, to tell the stories of our readers and their neighbors and the social issues that impact them.
The People/Social Trends Reporter is expected to:
- Exercise solid news judgment, a sense of urgency and the highest journalistic standards.
- Produce daily as well as mid- and longer-range enterprise stories.
- Regularly curate and aggregate content from other sources and present them with relevance and context for our LancasterOnline audience, with additional commentary and explanation.
- Actively build a social media presence by posting content and engaging with our audience. Look for video and social opportunities for story coverage.
- Use Parsely and/or other metrics to gauge how well stories perform with our LancasterOnline audience and, with input from editors, decide how to improve poor performers or stop writing about topics that perform poorly altogether.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with other members of the Quality of Life Team to break news, launch projects and layer coverage in proven high reader-interest areas.
Reporters are expected to develop authoritative sources in the community, collaborate with other LNP and LancasterOnline journalists and identify stories that are compelling to this community news organization’s audience. Reporters are also expected to meet the demands of a growing digital audience by routinely using social media, shooting photographs and video, and understanding how to post their work using a content-management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, mass communications or related field is required.
- Knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems, producing digital and print content, preferred.
- May be required to meet AP writing style, depending on the publication.
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
As an employee of LNP Media Group, Inc. you'll enjoy a friendly work environment and career development opportunities along with company paid benefits, paid time off, and a company matched 401k program.