Steinman Communications is an innovative, multi-channel communications company that delivers high quality news, information and entertainment to diverse audiences while providing significant value to our marketing and advertising partners.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled Web/Software Developer to join our team! The Web/Software Developer is responsible for creating, developing, maintaining and enhancing various website solutions via open-source and industry specific software. The scope of these activities includes existing and new company branded consumer facing websites, and associated integrations to backend or third-party business solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and customize websites based on common CMS platforms such as BLOX CMS, WPEngine, Magento, Shopify, Arc Publishing
- Document according to established policy and procedures
- Work with team members of internal departments to understand the project request objectives and outline the best technical solution approach.
- Establish and maintain solution test environments.
- Perform robust system testing and coordinate with key stakeholders for user acceptance testing on new solution releases.
- For on-going support of production web solutions, identify root cause of errors, recommend and implement solutions to remediate.
- Work with third-party providers and vendors to enhance and trouble-shoot issues
- Assist with software and website deployment, updates and migrations as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally in both written and verbal methods, while striving for the biggest positive outcome for our organization.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across internal business units.
- Work proactively to identify problems and craft creative solutions.
- Develop plugins and modules for use in common CMS platforms
- Maintain a general knowledge of security risks inherent in hosted solutions, web browsers and native mobile apps.
- Sustain a desire to learn, understand and apply new and upcoming web technologies.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform other related duties and functions as required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or specialized training, and at least 7 years of programming/systems analysis experience; or at an equivalent combination of education and experience
- In depth knowledge and use of Programming Standards, including but not limited to: HTML5, CSS3
- Working knowledge of Mobile Devices and Platforms and responsive design best practices
- Basic Understanding of Web Servers (Apache, IIS).
- Demonstrated ability to decipher existing code bases and apply changes correctly based on business requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated ability to develop with CMS platforms such as WPEngine, Magento, BLOX CMS, or similar platforms supporting web content publishing or eCommerce.
- Some familiarity with MySQL or MSSQL a plus.
- Prior experience developing in a Windows environment using Visual Studio .NET (C#) a plus but not required. Proficient in use and development of remote service calls (REST & SOAP API), also a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in an efficient manner with the ability to change priority on very short notice.